Setting up a Mastodon instance was not so hard. I mean, it took some tries
to get it right finally, but generally I could understand what is happening
and why there is currently a problem all the time during that process.
However, configuring that instance to send emails was a fr…
After adding support for PHP 8.0, Arch news reported they are
keeping legacy PHP7 packages
available back in January. I was quite out of PHP scene for now, but
recently, I had to test something.
The test obviously required the
php core package, now
the version 8.0 and a second ha…
You might be thinking there is a typo in the rrsync but it is actually a
legitimate command name. The command name comes from restricted rsync and
is usually distributed alongside rsync via the package manager. Lets find
out where it is located on Arch Linux:
$ pacman -Fy &&a…
There is no shortage of privacy related issues on the Internet. One of them
I decided to tackle today is EXIF metadata embedded to the photos I publish
here. I do not publish photos too often currently, but occasionally I do.
Before today, I did not strip any EXIF metadata and th…
Learning things the hard way by getting my hands dirty is also the way I
have learned about the concept of a reverse proxy behind another reverse
proxy. The setup I had was a docker-compose file that configured multiple
services including Nginx as a reverse proxy. Nothing special…
I have put a considerable effort today to fix a lot of small errors on the
blog that accumulated over time, either by the fact that the blog was
converted from Sapper to Zola, which naturally processes some slight
details of the Markdown differently or due to me mistyping some wo…
When learning new things, it always go slowly at the beginning, speeding
things up as the learning curve progresses. In the end, every other tool in
the developer's toolset helps in the long run. Today I dug deeper into
another template engine called Tera.
Tera is a template engi…